- Provide leadership and guidance to the process engineering team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment
- Mentor and develop team members, ensuring their professional growth and success
Process Design and Optimization
- Lead the design, development, and optimization of efficient and effective processes to meet project objectives and organizational goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate process design with overall project requirements
- Manage and coordinate process engineering projects from concept through completion, ensuring timelines and budgets are met
- Identify and mitigate risks, providing solutions to ensure successful project delivery
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies relevant to process engineering
- Apply technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve complex process-related issues
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, research and development, and production teams to ensure seamless integration of processes across the organization
- Foster effective communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- years of proven experience in process engineering, with a focus on [specific industry processes].
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of process simulation tools and engineering software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, as set by your line manager from time-to-time
- Satisfied clients, both internal and/or external
- Timely completion of work
- Quality of work
- Adherence to relevant processes, procedures, and Policies
- Team Spirit
Commercial & Risk
- Inform project manager / line manager of potential risks identified in a timely manner
- Work within allocated CTR or allocated hours where applicable
- Demonstrate clear understating of relevant commercial and budgetary landscape
- Work to agreed plans, using initiative to identify improvements/savings
- Function as an ambassador for the Company, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients
- To attend meetings and forums, representing the Company
- Forge links and establish communication with relevant colleagues and other stakeholders
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Inform line/project manager of potential project risks identified in a timely manner.
- Working within the Company’s ISO9001:2015 quality systems
- Responsible for own safety at work
- Consideration to be given to others in working environment.
- Adhere to Company and client health and safety procedures
- Comply with – and work to - relevant procedures, policies, processes, and standards, to meet the required level of quality in all outputs
- Zero non-conformances to all Company, client, and project specific quality and safety plans
- Adherence to PPE requirements, where applicable
- Keep up to date with latest industry and functional standards, technology, and norms
- Be familiar with all relevant systems
- A good understanding of the availability and use of all relevant electronic tools and software
- Full awareness and understanding of relevant legislation and standards, and their practical application
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant Company Policies, processes, and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- The role is required to have a formal UK qualification in #
- Degree or master's degree in a related field
- Experience in a Lead Process Engineer role
- Leadership experience
- People skills
- Honesty, integrity, and reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High diligence
- Organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Understanding of data privacy standards
These roles and responsibilities are issued as a guideline to help you understand the duties you are expected to undertake as part of your role. They may be subject to change from time-to-time to meet business needs, and you may be required to carry-out additional duties that are reasonably consistent with your skills and status.