To help ensure that all our engineering, design, and project management services are conducted in accordance with the applicable quality plan and in line with all company, client, and appropriate technical procedures and codes of practices.
To monitor quality control activities on projects and engineering packages, benchmark against required KPI’s, and report the results to the Directors.
Undertake project engineering delivery activities as assigned, in addition to any quality related duties.
Assist the HSEQ Director and all Technical Authorities within the Company, to improve our standards and procedures, implement Best Practice concepts, and administer a Continuous Improvement regime.
- Management and control of aspects of quality related activities on projects/contracts /packages as assigned by the relevant Director.
- Maximise Client satisfaction by supporting the project team to meet or exceed all quality KPI’s.
- Assist with the management of quality on a project, ensuring compliance with all legal and company procedures, and promoting positive and proactive attitude to assuring quality at all levels.
- Assist with the preparation of quality and execution plans of a project during FEED, EPC, EPCM, and tendering phases.
- Assist the project team to work within the company’s ISO 9001:2008 quality systems, ensuring all engineering and construction activities are supplied to meet the contract’s quality requirements, including all appropriate contract specifications.
- Audit the production of all engineering, design, project and test documentation to help ensure it is correctly produced and securely filed.
- Act as an ambassador of the Company, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients and assist all other managers within the company to achieve a better quality product across all disciplines and departments.
- Assist in the production of new procedures for EPCM contracts.
- Direct decision making autonomy relating to day-to-day activities.
- Deliver any assigned project engineering task in parallel with the quality specific duties.
- Attends and engages in meetings for production and quality
- Proactively communicates business unit quality performance data to the group via the HSEQ director
- Proactively communicates quality related issues to the business unit, including management and trades personnel
- Liaises with clients' QA representative and third party inspectorate
- Deals with technical and quality queries from within the Company and externally
- Is able to oversee the management of technical and quality both internal and external client based
- Can produce job specific quality plans, on-going inspections and review/oversee final quality data books
- Adheres to ISO9001 procedures
- Works with product delivery teams to effect quantity and quality
- Identifies and verifies compliance with all applicable international and national legislation, directives and product conformance requirements
- Proactively maintains, inspection, quality and job records
- Undertakes the functions required as the identified responsible welding coordinator as required by EN 1090
- Proactively produces, controls and updates weld procedures and welder qualifications
- Interfaces with internal departments to ensure cohesive approach to quality and product delivery with clear lines of demarcation
- Has a good working knowledge of applicable NDE techniques and can coordinate all applicable inspection activities
- Has a good working knowledge of applicable national and international welding standards and can coordinate all applicable inspection activities
- Ensures maintenance and upkeep of inspection, quality, and job records by QA/QC engineer
- Has a good understanding of metallurgy applicable to materials commonly used and associated weldability issues
- Has the ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Confident reviewing and inputting to FPCS
- Identifies risks, failures and non-conformances associated with customer and stakeholder requirements and ensures effective action is taken to resolve any issues and identify the root causes
- Has detailed knowledge of customers' specific requirements and expectations, ensuring that the appropriate plans, specification, reviews and controls are in place
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, as set by your line manager from time-to-time
- Satisfied clients, both internal and/or external
- Timely completion of work
- Quality of work
- Adherence to relevant processes, procedures, and Policies
- Team Spirit
Commercial & Risk
- Inform project manager / line manager of potential risks identified in a timely manner.
- Work within allocated CTR or allocated hours where applicable.
- Demonstrate clear understating of relevant commercial and budgetary landscape.
- Work to agreed plans, using initiative to identify improvements/savings.
- Function as an ambassador for the Company, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients.
- To attend meetings and forums, representing the Company.
- Forge links and establish communication with relevant colleagues and other stakeholders.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Inform line/project manager of potential project risks identified in a timely manner.
- Working within the Company’s ISO9001:2008 quality systems.
- Responsible for own safety at work.
- Consideration to be given to others in working environment.
- Adhere to Company and client health and safety procedures.
- Comply with – and work to - relevant procedures, policies, processes, and standards, to meet the required level of quality in all outputs.
- Zero non-conformances to all Company, client, and project specific quality and safety plans.
- Adherence to PPE requirements, where applicable.
- Keep up to date with latest industry and functional standards, technology, and norms.
- Be familiar with all relevant systems.
- A good understanding of the availability and use of all relevant electronic tools and software.
- Full awareness and understanding of relevant legislation and standards, and their practical application.
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant Company Policies, processes, and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Must have CSWIP / or PCN 3.1 qualification as a minimum.
- The role is required to have a formal UK qualification in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control.
- Degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Chartered Member of the Quality Institute.
- Experience in a Quality Manager role.
- Leadership experience.
- People skills.
- Honesty, integrity, and reliability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High diligence.
- Organisational skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Good presentation skills (PowerPoint).
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
These roles and responsibilities are issued as a guideline to help you understand the duties you are expected to undertake as part of your role. They may be subject to change from time-to-time to meet business needs, and you may be required to carry-out additional duties that are reasonably consistent with your skills and status.
This is a site based role, working 10 x 12 hour days on, 4 off
A daily site allowance is paid in addition to salary and expenses