To oversee all aspects of Health, Safety & Environmental performance ensuring effective implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems.
- To be actively involved in the continuous improvement of the Company Health Safety and Environmental Management System.
- To facilitate audits and inspections from third parties, including those associated with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
- Assist the business with resource planning for HS&E activities.
- To monitor compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, codes of practice and approved safe working methods.
- To encourage employee participation through safety suggestions, safety meeting feedback and safety incentives.
- To audit work areas, premises, processes, and activities, reporting deficiencies for action and monitor follow-up actions, including suppliers.
- To collate relevant information and statistics on HSE performance and to present the information in a format of a formal report to the business.
- To maintain and implement an effective process of structured internal audit of activities against the Company Management Systems and arrangements.
- Assist the Business Development and Proposals Team with information applicable to Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Able to provide advice and guidance on safe working practices and current Health and Safety legislation.
- Can confidently report accidents and incidents as required under RIDDOR regulations.
- Proactively ensures all Health and Safety documentation is fully compliant with current legislation.
- Can advise and support Site Managers in the production of a HSE plan so that best practice is consistently applied.
- Manages the Company’s obligations under the CDM Regulations.
- Able to confidently conduct site Drug and Alcohol tests when required.
- Proactively prepares COSHH assessments for all substances and chemicals used by the business.
- Able to undertake DSE assessments for computer users within the business.
- Able to conduct thorough site safety inspections and risk assessments.
- Extensively uses analytical skills to produce Company Health and Safety statistics.
- Undertakes and designs safety reviews for constructability, operability, and maintenance.
- Responds to incidents in a timely manner and can conduct a thorough investigation process if required.
- Uses a number of root cause analysis techniques and identifies corrective actions.
- Assesses the capabilities and monitors the safety performance of suppliers.
- Is competent conducting formal reviews of subcontractor and third-party risk assessments and method statements, providing effective feedback as required.
- Can produce clear and concise reports on the action necessary to minimise the effects of the conditions detected by audits.
- Able to manage and audit ISO45001 processes and implementation of Company HS&E procedures.
- Encourages the development of creating a positive culture of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ensures that Health and Safety information is practical and easily understandable by non-specialists.
- Can identify the requirements for and co-ordinate relevant Health and Safety training for their area of responsibility.
- Is competent conducting and presenting site and Company inductions.
- Is competent planning and delivering toolbox talks.
- Reports occupational Health and Safety issues to senior management.
- Is competent challenging unsafe behaviour/attitudes at any level when encountered.
- Is competent attending meetings with key stakeholders to discuss safety performance.
- Identifies safety training needs, develop, and maintain a training programme for all employees and conduct safety training as required.
- Develops, reviews and updates safety action plans, and ensures that people have acknowledged acceptance of their allocated responsibilities.
- Can administer first aid to injured persons.
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, as set by your line manager from time-to-time
- Satisfied clients, both internal and/or external
- Timely completion of work
- Quality of work
- Adherence to relevant processes, procedures, and policies
- Team Spirit
Commercial & Risk
- Inform project manager / line manager of potential risks identified in a timely manner.
- Work within allocated CTR or allocated hours where applicable.
- Demonstrate clear understating of relevant commercial and budgetary landscape.
- Work to agreed plans, using initiative to identify improvements/savings.
- Function as an ambassador for the Company, always presenting the right image to existing and potential clients.
- To attend meetings and forums, representing the Company.
- Forge links and establish communication with relevant colleagues and other stakeholders.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Inform line/project manager of potential project risks identified in a timely manner.
- Working within the Company’s ISO9001:2008 quality systems.
- Responsible for own safety at work.
- Consideration to be given to others in working environment.
- Adhere to Company and Client Health and Safety procedures.
- Comply with – and work to - relevant procedures, policies, processes, and standards, to meet the required level of quality in all outputs.
- Zero non-conformances to all Company, client and project specific quality and safety plans.
- Adherence to PPE requirements, where applicable.
- Keep up to date with latest industry and functional standards, technology, and norms.
- Be familiar with all relevant systems.
- A good understanding of the availability and use of all relevant electronic tools and software.
- Full awareness and understanding of relevant legislation and standards, and their practical application.
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant Company Policies, processes, and procedures.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 5.
- Can communicate skills, knowledge, and experience, and apply them professionally as a trusted expert.
- Function as an ambassador for positive culture.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Occasional flexible working required.
- Occasional lone and/or home working required.
- Some UK travel.
- In-depth technical knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, guidelines. systems and processes.
These roles and responsibilities are issued as a guideline to help you understand the duties you are expected to undertake as part of your role. They may be subject to change from time-to-time to meet business needs, and you may be required to carry-out additional duties that are reasonably consistent with your skills and status.
This is a site based role, working 10 x 12 hour days on, 4 off
A daily site allowance is paid in addition to salary and expenses