Purpose: The HR Manager is responsible for providing hands-on management and taking responsibility for operational HR processes and projects.
Main Accountabilities & Competencies:
Responsible for managing the HR Assistant, who looks after HR administration, the HR Manager will also be responsible for:
- Advising managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge-sharing best practice with them.
- Work with all business units, being the first point of contact for case management, and point of escalation from the HR Assistant for HR advice.
- Manage HR issues to their conclusion, ensuring fairness, consistency, and adherence to Company policy and procedure, UK employment law and best practice.
- Contributing to the on-going review and development of HR policies and procedures, to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implementing retention and learning and development strategies.
- Helping managers develop their knowledge of procedural HR matters, and help to equip them with the tools to enable them to effectively manager their teams.
- Managing talent and succession planning.
- Line managing the HR Assistant.
- Maintaining a suite of contractual documentation.
- Proactively take part in driving positive mental wellbeing and be an ambassador for mental health.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times
- Good standards of record-keeping, and data integrity
- Proactive management of operational HR
- Regular and ad-hoc events efficiently executed
- Positive feedback from the business
- Timely completion of work
- Quality of work
- Adherence to relevant processes, procedures, and Policies
- Team Spirit
Commercial & Risk:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees.
- Contribute to internal and external audit, and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Involvement in negotiation with Trade Unions.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality:
- Inform line/project manager of potential project risks identified in a timely manner.
- Working within the Company’s ISO9001:2015 quality systems
- Responsible for own safety at work
- Consideration to be given to others in working environment.
- Adhere to Company and client health and safety procedures
- Comply with – and work to - relevant procedures, policies, processes, and standards, to meet the required level of quality in all outputs
- Zero non-conformances to all Company, client, and project specific quality and safety plans
- Adherence to PPE requirements, where applicable
- Working knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice
- Be familiar with all relevant systems
- A good understanding of the availability and use of all relevant electronic tools and software
- Full awareness and understanding of relevant legislation and standards, and their practical application
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant Company Policies, processes, and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- The HR Manager role is required to have CIPD level 5 qualification, or working towards
- Experience in a HR Manager role preferred
- People skills
- Honesty, integrity, and reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High diligence
- Organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Operate in – and contribute to – the management team
- Passionate and driven, promoting an open culture
- Full clean driving licence